UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Low-Level hw_server access

Hello,

we saw that hw_server is using TCF protocol for communication between tools and hardware (Xilinx USB cables, Digilent cables, etc.). However, there is no description of the low-level commands. In the past we had access to an API in ISE to control the hardware cables directly from C/C++ applications. Because we almost don't use ISE anymore, we are looking for a Vivado alternative. The Vivado TCL interface is not really an option cause it is too slow. Can anyone help here?

Thanks,

Stephan

4 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Low-Level hw_server access

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for your response, but not really what I'm looking for. I need to write standalone applications (C/C++/Python) that access the dedicated FPGA JTAG port using Xilinx USB or Digilent cables.

0 Kudos
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

I used the free tool Wireshark to see what was being sent over USB, but you have to back into what the commands are as I could not find a reference work that listed them.

Daniel

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Of course I can use wireshark to sniff tcp traffic between hw_server and e.g. Vivado, but I don't have time for this :/

0 Kudos