UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple ILAs on same clock

Jump to solution

I have a large design that all runs on the same clock. i'd like to probe sections of the chip on separate ILAs otherwise it takes 30 to 60 seconds to upload the scope data, most of which I'm not interested in at the time. Near I can tell the only way to gen a new ILA is with a new clock. Suggestions???

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Multiple ILAs on same clock

Jump to solution

That computer died and my new laptop was much quicker. Turned out to be slow because of the USB 2.0 link. The laptop was 3.0.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Give a single clock for all the trigger signals. this will creae only a single ila core for all the signals and hence show the waveform for all signals. The trigger clock can be different from the actual clock at which that module is running.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @frankz,

You can go for a different ILA clock. But prior to that try changing JTAG clock frequency and see if it helps.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I changed from 15MHz to 30MHz, which is the fastest available that I've been able to determine. It's still taking a minute 55 seconds to upload.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @frankz,

What is the datadepth? Can you try with multiple windows?

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi

Have you tried instantiation flow to generate different ILA's instead of post synthesis insertion flow to add the signals to ILA?

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Thought about it, just a bit more rigid.

Is there a way in the GUI or is this my only shot?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

That computer died and my new laptop was much quicker. Turned out to be slow because of the USB 2.0 link. The laptop was 3.0.

0 Kudos