UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Reg: ISE 14.1 Xpower warning - one or more clocks not defined ...

hi,

i have a virtex6 design which has a PLL. i/p to PLL is 100M, o/p of PLL is 20M, 40M and 80M clocks

im constraining the i/p to the PLL in my UCF file to 100M and implementing the design using xilinx 14.1

the design gets implemented successfully (all constraints met).

however when i run the xpower utility, i get  a warning saying - one or more clocks have not been defined and so the power will be inaccurate.

also, the power for this design is less than the power for a slower design (with 10M, 20M, 40M) clocks from the PLL (which doesnt seem possible). 

also, in what case would some of the sub modules of the design show 0 power consumption? the modules work in bit file.

since im already defining the i/p clock constraint to the PLL (and the o/p clock constraint is automatically inferred in case of PLLs by the xilinx tool), which other clock freq do i need to specify? how can i get rid of this warning and get a more accurate power estimate?

any tips?

z

0 Kudos