UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK does not launch from Vivado 2018.2

Jump to solution

Hello Dear All,

I am using Vivado 2018.2. I have a project and generated bitstream normally. After I exported hardware without any problem, I cannot launch SDK directly from "Launch SDK" in Vivado. I am getting the following messages in TCL console;

*launch_sdk -workspace C:/SensoBright/2.FPGA/Zybo-Z7-20/Vivado_Denemeler/PCAM_2018-2/vivado_proj/Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c.sdk -hwspec C:/SensoBright/2.FPGA/Zybo-Z7-20/Vivado_Denemeler/PCAM_2018-2/vivado_proj/Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c.sdk/system_wrapper.hdf
*INFO: [Vivado 12-393] Launching SDK...
*INFO: [Vivado 12-417] Running xsdk -workspace C:/SensoBright/2.FPGA/Zybo-Z7-20/Vivado_Denemeler/PCAM_2018-2/vivado_proj/Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c.sdk -hwspec C:/SensoBright/2.FPGA/Zybo-Z7-20/Vivado_Denemeler/PCAM_2018-2/vivado_proj/Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c.sdk/system_wrapper.hdf
*INFO: [Vivado 12-3157] SDK launch initiated. Please check console for any further messages.

After those messages, it tries to open SDK, but it fails. It disappears itself and happens nothing after the screen attached: 

Does anyone know why it cannot be launched from Vivado?

SDK_launch_error.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDK does not launch from Vivado 2018.2

Jump to solution

I've already solved the problem! It was a simple mistake because of selecting C instead of C++ when creating new application project. My project was written in C++, but I wrongly selected C! After I corrected that mistake, now there is no any linking error. The project is running. 

Thanks... 

11 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi samid@sensobright.com ,

You might want to try to remove the .sdk folder in your project path.

Also the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Xilinx\SDK or ~/.Xilinx/SDK folder and try again.

I assume opening SDK from desktop icon or command line is working fine?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you very much dear  

SDK_application_error.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

To import an application I would recommend to use create new application > empty application, copy the sources from your previous application to the src folder and build the application.

Here we can see that you are at least missing the BSP. So you cannot build you applications, thus there will be no .elf file so nothing to run on the target.

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You are right florentw. It was a simple mistake of me.

I have run the project with some errors. I am sorry but the errors never finishes unfoortunately.

Now it gives a fatal error: ps7_init.h: No such file or directory. Is it related to ARM_cortex0 or 1 choice when creating a new application project?

Many thanks..

SDK_application_error.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This file (ps7_init.h) should be under the hardware platform. Can you see it?

If yes, some linking didn't happen correctly

Florent
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi florentw

Yes, ps7_init.h file is under the HW platform (under "system_wrapper_hw_platform_0 of .sdk folder created for that project"). 

Can it be related to something wrong inside this header file? Do you wanna see the content of this c code?

Thanks..

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I do not think the header file is wrong. I think something is missing in the linking.

The correct way to create the fsbl would be to use create new application and use fsbl as template. Can you see if this can build correctly?

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have manually copy the ps7.init file from the original project folder to the created fsbl folder. Now, it is OK. But, at this case it gives no sd.c file.  

sd.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Again you might have an issue with linking. I would really recommend to start with a new application to make sure everything is linked correctly

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello florentw

I created a new application from the scratch. I just copy and pasted the original project files into new one in the project explorer. But, I've got the same error unfortunately. 

I didn't do anything special for the linking process as you said. I don't know what to do for that of linking. There is nothing in the new application project window about that. 

By the way, I've created a simple hello world application over the same hardware platform. It is loaded and running. It produces the clock signals for the ila cores. But, I dont get any stream from the CMOS OV5640. 

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've already solved the problem! It was a simple mistake because of selecting C instead of C++ when creating new application project. My project was written in C++, but I wrongly selected C! After I corrected that mistake, now there is no any linking error. The project is running. 

Thanks...