UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Using Chipscope Pro with Xilinx XtremeDSP kit - IV

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to use the JTAG cable with the Xilinx XtremeDSP kit - IV. The kit is in the PCI slot but I need to connect the JTAG cable to debug it using chipscope pro. 

When I connect the JTAG cable, I only see the clock FPGA (XC2V80) and not the user FPGA (the XC4VSX). I need to load the bit file from JTAG to the user FPGA as that is the  FPGA that I need to debug. I don't see any special methods of connecting the JTAG cable to this FPGA when it's in PCI slot. I am using a parallel-IV cable.

Can any one tell me how I can see all the FPGAs on the scan chain properly for this type of  setup?

Thanks and regards,

Zubin Kumar.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Using Chipscope Pro with Xilinx XtremeDSP kit - IV

Jump to solution

Zubin,

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug_xtremedsp_devkitIV.pdf

page 155

Is that how you have it connected, with the cable listed, and running Impact?

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

Zubin,

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug_xtremedsp_devkitIV.pdf

page 155

Is that how you have it connected, with the cable listed, and running Impact?

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

thanks, the fpga board was not getting initialized. the LEDs mentioned in the doc you sent showed that ... that did it!

0 Kudos