UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using one ILA to monitor two different AXIS interfaces

Jump to solution

Hi, all. I'm trying to monitor the RX and TX interfaces of the AXI Ethernet IP. My objective is to show the two interfaces in one single wave viewer and using a common trigger. I've tried using the "AXI" option instead of  "Native" but with it, I only can monitor one AXI interface per ILA resulting in two wave view tabs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Using one ILA to monitor two different AXIS interfaces

Jump to solution

Yes, you can use System ILA to monitor your AXI-S signals, as many as will fit in the device.

For my stuff I use IP Integrator to make a block design, and instance System ILA in that. If you're not using that flow, it's still possible to use IP Integrator make a block design with just System ILA in it, and include that block design wrapper in your source.

At any rate, the block design configurator GUI for System ILA lets you choose the number and type of ports it's monitoring, as well as the capture depth, type of type of trigger, and some other details. The ultimate output is RTL parameterized with configuration info for synthesis.

An important detail: BRAM usage will grow significantly with the number of buses you're monitoring and their width. The configurator will show you this usage as you're adding buses.

3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

As long as the interfaces share a common clock, you should be able to configure the System ILA block with as many AXI and / or AXI-S interfaces as you like (or at least, as will fit) along with any sideband signals you need.

If the buses are on a different clock, you may need to re-time one of them to the same referece clock as your ILA by using a small FIFO. There are AXI-S IP blocks for doing that, including one specifically for clock conversion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I was using the IP ILA(Integrated Logic Analyzer), I didn't know the system ILA. The two signals I'm trying to monitor are AXIS with the data field with 64 bits both share the same clock source. Is it possible to use system ILA on this situation? If so, can you explain the process a little bit more detailed?

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Yes, you can use System ILA to monitor your AXI-S signals, as many as will fit in the device.

For my stuff I use IP Integrator to make a block design, and instance System ILA in that. If you're not using that flow, it's still possible to use IP Integrator make a block design with just System ILA in it, and include that block design wrapper in your source.

At any rate, the block design configurator GUI for System ILA lets you choose the number and type of ports it's monitoring, as well as the capture depth, type of type of trigger, and some other details. The ultimate output is RTL parameterized with configuration info for synthesis.

An important detail: BRAM usage will grow significantly with the number of buses you're monitoring and their width. The configurator will show you this usage as you're adding buses.