UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado 2015.1 Hardware Manager Does not show signals for ILA

Hi.

with latest 2015.1, I am working on a design for KC705. During my hardware debugging I have noticed the following:

when I have only one ILA in the design things are all fine. I open the hardware manager and as I get connected to the hardware the ILA signals get appeared in the waveform window.

Now, if I add a second ILA, the problem happens.

When I get connected to the hardware manager, only for one of the ILAs the signals will appear in the waveform window.

The other waveform window is completely empty.

Whatever I do it is empty!

Now in the past version of vivado 2014.4, there was a separate sub-window which every time you were selecting an ILA core, it was showing to you the signals of this ILA. And there you could grab the signals and drop them to the waveform window.

Unfortunately, due to a reason (that I don't understand at all), this nice feature is omitted from 2015.1. (or at least this is what i see). The 2015.1 is supposed to be more clever and add the signals to the waveform himself, some thing that it does some times, and it doesn't some other times!

As a quick fix to this issue, I press the plus button in the Trigger setup sub-window, where it opens a pop-up window containing all of the signals which can be added to the trigger list, from there I select all of the signals and drop them into waveform window.

4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2015.1 Hardware Manager Does not show signals for ILA

Hi @mamisadegh3

Check the tip in the page no. 99 of the following user guide: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf

Also attach a snapshot here on the issue.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Just ran into this issue after instantiating the VIO core

Tags (3)
Hwr mgr not showing waveform2.jpg
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Seems like if I just restart Vivado. the issue goes away
Visitor thepete5
Visitor

I just saw this in Vivado 2015.2. Thank you for this post - restarting Vivado fixed the problem.

0 Kudos