UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado Chipscope Multiple Trigger Definitions

I just started using the Vivado version of chipscope (2014.2). I am using the Basic Trigger Setup, but I'd like to define many different trigger scenarios the way I did it with the ISE Chipscope. For example, I'm working with video, so I'd like a trigger on VBlank, and one on HBlank, and maybe one on some image processing signals. I'd like to enable one at a time. Right now it looks like I'm supposed to retype the trigger condition every time I want to change the trigger. Is there some way to define many triggers and then enable only one?

---

Joe Samson

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado Chipscope Multiple Trigger Definitions

Hi,
Please check if this helps.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56137.html
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Sorry, no. What I am looking for is the Vivado equivalent of the Chipscope Pro Core Inserter's "# Match Units". In Chipscope Pro, the ILA could be configured for up to 16 match units. This means that I could define up to 16 trigger conditions and select between them. This is such a fundamentally important feature that can't believe that Vivado wouldn't support it, but I can't figure out how to enable it.

---

Joe Samson

0 Kudos
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

One way to give you what you want is to create the various triggers you want and notice what commands show up in the TCL Console.  You will see things like:

set_property TRIGGER_COMPARE_VALUE neq2'b00 [get_hw_probes mFPGA/rVioD_1 -of_objects [get_hw_ilas hw_ila_1]]

Put these into a TCL script as functions, which you source after you start Vivado.  Then you can call them as you like:

source /home/user/scripts/trigger1.tcl

set_trig1

This will allow you any number of reusable triggers.

Daniel

0 Kudos