UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Vivado ILA doesnt trigger

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Observer
Accepted Solution

Vivado ILA doesnt trigger

I tested my project on zedboard using Vivado 2016.4,the ILA works correctly. But when I copy the project to another computer, and tested on another zedboard, the ILA doesn't trigger at all. When I click "trigger immediately", the values of all signals are zero. Is there anyone who could help me analyze the problem? This problem has confused me for a few days.

I am a freshmen of FPGA. But I know everything is ok if I work hard.

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado ILA doesnt trigger

Hi @huhanvictory,

What are you changing between the 2 tests?

-> Is it with the same PC? If not could you try?

-> Is it with the same bitstream/Project ? If not could you try?

Basically, in hw manager, run the application in SDK and then program the target 1 and see if it works. Disconnected target 1 and just run the application on SDK for the target 2 and program it.

Regards,

Florent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @huhanvictory,

Did you put proper trigger equation?

Can you try power-off the board and then on and reprogram and see if it helps.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observer

I do use the proper trigger equation. I have tried to reopen the board and reprogram for many times, but it still doesn't work.It confuses me that the same project could work on another computer. Is it possible to be the problem of software? But it works fine when I use the LED lighten project for test. 

Xilinx Employee

Hi @huhanvictory,

The first thing I would check when using an ILA on zynq:

-> Is your zynq initialized? (i.e. Did you start any application in SDK or XSCT?)

Else could you give us more information about your project? What you are doing (screenshot of your BD?)? What you are trying to capture? How you have implemented the ILA?

Regards,

Florent

Please mark an answer "Accept as solution" if a post has the solution to your issue.
Observer

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Let me make my problem more clear.

I try to implement DDR writing and reading from PL. The block diagram is shown in Fig1. After generating bitstream, I first lauched SDK to initialize PS, as shown in Fig2. Then I open the target and program, the waveform in ILA works correct for one zedboard(target1), as shown in Fig3. But when I implement the same project on another zedboard(target 2), the ILA waveform shows nothing, all signals are zero.

I used target2 to test the LED lighten project, it works fine. So I want to know why the DDR project doesn't work fine on target 2. 

BD.PNG
sdk_init.PNG
correct_ila.PNG
wrong_ila.PNG
Xilinx Employee

Hi @huhanvictory,

What are you changing between the 2 tests?

-> Is it with the same PC? If not could you try?

-> Is it with the same bitstream/Project ? If not could you try?

Basically, in hw manager, run the application in SDK and then program the target 1 and see if it works. Disconnected target 1 and just run the application on SDK for the target 2 and program it.

Regards,

Florent