UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Xilinx platform cable usb ll driver for window 10 PC

Highlighted
Visitor

Xilinx platform cable usb ll driver for window 10 PC

I did download and install the driver according UG344, page 17, step 5, item 2 from Xilinx into this window 10 PC.

When the Xilinx platform cable usb ll is plugged into this window 10 PC, the control panel device manager report as “Programming cables, Xilinx Platform Cable USB II Firmware Loader” and report working properly, but the STATUS LED does not turn ON.

Look like this driver does work with this device.

Thanks,

Laurie

Re: Xilinx platform cable usb ll driver for window 10 PC

[ Edited ]

Hi @lfung,

I assume you are using ISE, correct? What version is it? ISE is not officially supported on Windows 10, unless you are using the special ISE Design Suite that only supports Spartan-6 FPGAs.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools.htm

Is the cable model the DLC10? Have you tried connecting the cable to a board and connecting to it? The first time I tried to connect the DLC10 to a Windows 10 machine, the status LED didn't turn on as well, until I connected it to a board, opened Vivado HW Manager and connected to it.

Thanks,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------