UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hessamk
Visitor

analyzer.sh: command not found

Hi,

I have Ubuntu 10.10 and ISE 13.2 on my computer. Everything works fine except the Chipscope analyzer. When I double click on "Analyze Design Using Chipscope" on my ISE, I see the message that "Process "Analyze Design Using Chipscope" launched successfully", But nothing shows up. When I type "analyzer" in my terminal, I see the error message "analyzer.sh: command not found". I searched for this file in my Xilinx installation folder but it was not found!! I have also installed ISE 12.4 on my system but same problem happended. How can I solve this problem??

Thanks for your help,
Hessam

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Visitor hessamk
Visitor

Re: analyzer.sh: command not found

I thought this may also be helpful to figure out the problem. 

I tried to add a "Chipscope Definition and Connection File" to my project and I got the following error message:

Started : "Creating ChipScope Definition File".
Running inserter...
Command Line: inserter -intstyle ise -mode initial -proj /home/hessam/Leon3/grlib-gpl-1.1.0-b4108/designs/leon3-xilinx-ml605/chipscope.cdc -p xc6vlx240t -output_dir _ngo -ise_project_dir /home/hessam/Leon3/grlib-gpl-1.1.0-b4108/designs/leon3-xilinx-ml605
/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: XIL_DIRS[0]=/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: count++: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 152: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable
ERROR: Unable to create CDC source

Process "Creating ChipScope Definition File" failed

Thanks,

Hessam

0 Kudos
Visitor hessamk
Visitor

I solved the problem after I chat with Xilinx support. In case anyone else has the same problem, I have done couple of steps to solve the problem and I don't exactly know which one did the main job:

1- I had this line in my .bashrc which I commented it out "alias analyzer='AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit analyzer.sh'"

2- I set the XIL_CS_JRE equal to /usr

3- I ran this command "source /opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/settings32.sh" which I think I was running it in my .bashrc file for some reason it was not effective

0 Kudos

I am having exactly the same problem:

Command Line: inserter -intstyle ise -mode initial -proj /home/schreuder/elektronica/Panda/E11_011_G910_Compute_Node_ATCA/cn/ise/cn_0/chipscope.cdc -p xc4vfx60 -output_dir _ngo -ise_project_dir /home/schreuder/elektronica/Panda/E11_011_G910_Compute_Node_ATCA/cn/ise/cn_0
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: XIL_DIRS[0]=/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 76: count++: not found
/opt/Xilinx/13.3/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/cs_common.sh: 152: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable
ERROR: Unable to create CDC source

however the steps you described above don't solve my problem. any more steps?

0 Kudos
Teacher rcingham
Teacher

What OS?

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem inserting chipscope core in ISE. i'm using ISE12.2 in Ubuntu 10.04. I followed the steps mentioned above, but it doesn't solve the problem. Can anyone suggest here?

PN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie xkosar

Hi,

I have solved this problem on Debian 6.0.4 with ISE 13.2 by running the analyzer script by this command:

bash /opt/Xilinx/13.2/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/analyzer

The analyzer script uses bash syntax and features but has an incorrect line at start: #!/bin/sh instead of #!/bin/bash. To permanently solve this issue change the first line of the script to #!/bin/bash.

VK

Tags (2)
Visitor pafisep
Visitor

Once again this DAMNED error?

Why do people keep on doing this? :robotmad:

If you use bash features make sure your script calls bash!  

I love bash but bash is not the only shell around!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I have been bitten by this bug many times....  

And the error is usually on one script out of dozens...

Or hidden inside a Makefile that calls sh...

Paulo Ferreira

0 Kudos
Newbie pirminvogel

Thank you xkosar! Your hint solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Visitor ion_berkley
Visitor

Just so it's clear for others finding this thread, the script that needs to be corrected to use bash is /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/analyzer not  /opt/Xilinx/13.1/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin/unwrapped/cs_common.sh

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thx for making this clear (that it's analyzer you should alter and not the other one :))

0 Kudos
Visitor franj
Visitor

Hi all. I have the same problem when adding a "ChipScope definition and connection file". I have tried the solutions proposed here, but none of them worked for me, I still get the same error. Any ideas on what to do? Many thanks.

I'm using Ubuntu Server 11.10 and ISE 13.4 (lin64).

0 Kudos

It seems that I got it solved through changing all scripts in $XILINX/14.4/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped from /bin/sh to /bin/bash

Quite anoying error though.

0 Kudos
Visitor pafisep
Visitor

Why has not this has been corrected?  

It is a very simple thing for Xilinx to do.  

Please change #!/bin/sg to #!/bin/bash  when the script uses bash features!

Please!  It is so easy!   

My best regards

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Just to emphasize , ( as mentioned before )

So the beginning line of the script:

/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64/unwrapped/analyzer

should change from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash

0 Kudos