UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor edthompson
Visitor

iMPACT

I have installed both ISE Design 14.5 and 14.7. I have installed the license. Why is iMPACT greyed out?

iMPACT is the only tool I need to use and what I installed this for.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: iMPACT

Hello,

Please check the below thread
http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/iMPACT-Download/td-p/275756

You can also find useful information at below AR
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/12858.html
Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Attach a snapshot here that indicates impact is greyed out.
Also, try invoking the impact in below manner:
Windows: Start --> all Programs --> Xilinx Design Tools --> ISE Design Suite 14.x --> ISE Design Tools --> 64-bit tools --> iMPACT
Linux: run the command: impact

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Have you run bitgen. Only after the bit file is generated, you will be able to open IMPACT from the ISE window. However you can open it as a standalone module as pointed out in the other replies.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
Moving to correct board.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos