UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Xilinx HDMI 2.0 IP - Non-standard video formats for HDMI 2.0 TX

Should any video format that fits within the possible pixel clock range and maximum data rate be supported? I understand the answer to this question may be a mix of Xilinx IP and HDMI 2.0 specification details.

I've looked through the documentation for the Xilinx HDMI 2.0 subsystem and Video PHY Controller but all I find there is a list of standard formats that are supported.

For example: If I wanted to transmit 2048 x 2048 @ 120 fps, 24bits per pixel --- is this supported? This resolution would have ~1% higher pixel clock and data rate than 2160p60. According to the documentation, 2160p60 is supported at 24-bit, even on the Artix-7 with its realtively slow GTP transceivers.

The target platform is an Artix-7 with 4 GTPs.

Re: Xilinx HDMI 2.0 IP - Non-standard video formats for HDMI 2.0 TX

Moderators feel free to move this to DSP and Video if that's a more appropriate section.