UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a baremetal application on the RPU to start a baremetal application on the APU

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have an FSBL running on a53_0(though it could run on the r5), a baremetal application on the a53_0, and a baremetal application on the r5_0.

What I want is for the FSBL to start the application on the r5_0, which then starts the application on the a53_0 at its leisure. The application on the a53_0 should then terminate itself. 

What currently happens is the FSBL loads both applications, which run concurrently. 

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Getting a baremetal application on the RPU to start a baremetal application on the APU

Jump to solution

Your RPU app would need to take responsibility to load APU app and tick it.
Or you can let FSBL load both, then put a wait loop in your ar53 app which can be terminated by R5 app though a flag from shared memory or inter-processor interrupt (IPI)
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Getting a baremetal application on the RPU to start a baremetal application on the APU

Jump to solution
FSBL loads the partitions one after other and once loading of all partitions is complete, handing off to CPUs of corresponding partitions is done by FSBL.
If you don’t want FSBL to load that partition you need to modify the FSBL code or the simple way is to change the partition_owner to u-boot in the BIF file for your a53_0 app.
Check ug1137 for the details of partition_owner parameters.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you, Ritakur, that was helpful. Do you how I could start the APU application after the RPU application starts?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Your RPU app would need to take responsibility to load APU app and tick it.
Or you can let FSBL load both, then put a wait loop in your ar53 app which can be terminated by R5 app though a flag from shared memory or inter-processor interrupt (IPI)