UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer sreejitht
Observer

How to Merge bit file and elf in zynq design to create single bit file

Hi,

Anyone know how to merge bit file and application elf file to create a single bit file?

I'm using Zynq in my design.  When I tried to Associate ELF in Vivado, it  shows an error message as no user accessible processors found.

Is there any way to merge both?

Thanks,

Sreejith

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to Merge bit file and elf in zynq design to create single bit file

Hi @sreejitht,

Please refer this AR#63041, it may help you.

Regards,

Deepak D N

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Reply or Give Kudos or Mark it as an Accepted Solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @sreejitht,

It is not possible to merge the bit file and elf in case of zynq. Could you please let me know why you are looking for merging bit and elf incase of Zynq? 

Zynq has hard core ARM processors and they are independent  of PL (fabric). we will merge the bit file and elf in case of micro blaze which is a soft core processor.

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you referring to an elf to associate to a Microblaze in the PL or an elf for A53/R5 processors?

0 Kudos