UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple boot images

Hello,

We are developing a Linux-based system on Ultrascale+ SOM.

I prepare a bootable image using Petalinux 2018.2 that contains FSBL, bitstream, PMUFW, U-Boot and OS image.

I am able to download the BOOT.BIN image to the QSPI and boot successfully.

But, I would like to handle the situation that when I update the SW in QSPI, and it is not successful, I will be still able to access the old image (fallback), and if it does succeed, I will be able to boot with the new image. 

I read about the multiboot option, but could not find any reference for Ultrascale+.

Please assist.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Multiple boot images

0 Kudos

Re: Multiple boot images

Thank you.

I've followed this link, and now I am able to download the images to different offsets. 

My problem now is how to update the multi-boot register from Linux runtime. 

I did what is written here https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842232/Zynq+UltraScale+MPSoC+Power+Management+-+Linux+Kernel#ZynqUltraScale%EF%BC%8BMPSoCPowerManagement-LinuxKernel-CSU/PMURegisterAccess, but unfortunately I don't see config_reg where it supposed to be

0 Kudos