UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor light11111
Visitor

UG1209 v2018.3. Secure Boot Sequence not working in ZCU102 Rev1.1.

Hi,

I have been following the "Zynq UltraScale+
MPSoC: Embedded Design Tutorial" from https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1209-embedded-design-tutorial.pdf and I am having trouble with the Secure Boot Sequence part.

The thing is that I do not get any output in the terminal window (blank) when performing the booting using the Secure Boot Image with Black Key Storage in the Boot Header (exactly the same procedure as described in the tutorial). The led INIT_LED remains red and after some time the led PS_ERR_OUT also becomes red. This happens when both running my BOOT.bin file and even with the example BOOT.bin file given in the tutorial.

The problem appears to be related with using the black key with PUF in Boot Header mode, since when I use [keysrc_encryption] bbram_red_key in the .bif file instead of [keysrc_encryption] bh_blk_key previously storing the respective red_key in the bbram with another BOOT.bin image everything works just fine. However, I would like to use the black key since it is safer in terms of boot security (less exposure of the key). I think it is something missing in the tutorial or there is some mystake, since I have revised everything written there several times and I still get the error.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Light

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: UG1209 v2018.3. Secure Boot Sequence not working in ZCU102 Rev1.1.

Hi @light11111 ,

Thank you for pointing this information, I will check this over weekend and update you.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: UG1209 v2018.3. Secure Boot Sequence not working in ZCU102 Rev1.1.

Hi @light11111 ,

I tried with the ug1209 and xapp1319 and I am able to do secure boot sucessufully. Please take a look at xapp1319 and follow the steps in it.

Best Regards,

Srikanth

0 Kudos