My setup :
* Macbook with OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra)
* VMware Fusion 8.5.8 (latest version as of today)
* Installed Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS on Fusion VM
* Installed Vivado + SDK 2017.2 WebPack
* installed cable drivers
* installed some additional libraries for SDK (32-bit compatibility)
then thanks to this post, I got the Diligent HS-2 finally working ... needed to set USB 3.0 compatibility mode (instead of the default 2.0) in the VM's settings
* then I created a basic Zynq - hello world application to test both JTAG and FTDI to serial (Pmod USB Uart)
now a lot of trial & error, I found that the USB cables work in the following case :
1) first connect the USB to serial
2) then connect the Diligent JTAG HS2
if I change the order, than neither of them is seen by SDK (cannot program the FPGA, and the SDK terminal does not see the FTDI to serial converter)
Anyone experienced the same? Any solution to this? I don't know if this is related to FTDI drivers, VMware or Vivado/SDK.
Of course I have a workaround, but.I prefer true solution and want to report it for future improvement. I had a similar setup with 2015.4 and never had any issues with this.