Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashigupta1990
Visitor
Visitor

AXI Device driver for Zynq ultrascale ZCU102

Hi,

I am using Xilinx Ultrascale eval board, i am running QNX OS on Zynq using QNX BSP available for this specific board.

What i want to achieve here is, i want to access AXI bus for read / write purpose from QNX application. In QNX BSP there is no AXI driver available.

I have tried mmap API from QNX to access AXI address, but this hangs the CPU core.

Is there is any way how i can perform AXI transaction from my application. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ashigupta1990,

There are no AXI device drivers, AXI transaction are just physical memory accesses so read/write operations are enough for accessing AXI peripherals. I'm not familiar with QNX but I would say you don't need to mmap it, just accessing the physical address is enough.

Could you provide more details about the use case? I mean, might be you are trying to access to a PL IP with the device not being programmed? Please provide more information about design, tools, code sections...

You should also try to do the same access from a pure standalone test application as well to ensure the design is correct.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
ashigupta1990
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Ibai,

I am trying to access AXI slave from QNX Application

1. Programmed Zynq with bit file having AXI slave and AXI bus block design. I have attached block diagram for your reference.

2. Created a QNX Application and tried two ways of accessing AXI memory

a. Assigning a pointer to AXI slave memory address and tried read / write on address location (0xA0000000)

b. Used mmap QNX API to map physical address to virtual address and accessed virtual address using                  pointer. As soon as we read / write on this pointer location, CPU hangs and we need to power cycle the              system.

3. I have tried a bare metal program to access AXI slave address using Vivado SDK and its working perfectly fine. 

I am using Vivado tool to program bit file in FPGA and using QNX IDE i am running my application on Zynq.

Also there is no reset in between programming bit file and running QNX application. 

I am not sure if this is the right way to testing this.

BlockDiagram.PNG
0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ashigupta1990

Does the point 2.a work fine? I mean accessing to the slave memory address from the QNX without mmap? If so then the issue is clearly on the QNX virtual mapping usage.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos