Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fdevic
Visitor
Visitor

AXI custom IP interrupts with 13.3

Hi,

I want to create a simple AXI (AXI or AXI/Lite) custom IP that can rise an interrupt.
I use XPS 13.3.

With XPS 12.4 and the custom IP wizard for PLB IP, there was the possibility to check the "enable interrupts".
I can't find how to do that with version 13.3.

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
htsvn
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes, there is no option to select the interrupt in the CIP wizard for any AXI interface. 

Interrupts can be added in the user HDL code from the CIP. This interrupt port will have to be added in the MPD file also.

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
fdevic
Visitor
Visitor

OK,

Thx to your reply.

I did that, but 12.4 CIP wizard for PLB bus instantiates an interrupt controller in CIP top.

What happens if I just wire my signal from user logic to the CIP top without intantiate this interrupt stuff?

Adding

attribute SIGIS of IP2Bus_IntrEvent  : signal is "INTR_EDGE_RISING";

to the CIP user logic, added automatically the port to the MPD file (my MPD file in attachment)

But I have another problem:

In XPS graphical interface, I added an axi_intc (v_1_01_a).

When click on the IP2Bus_IntrEvent port to connect him to this axi_intc, XPS open the "Interrupt Connection Dialog" box.

I can see every other interrupts but not my IP2Bus_IntrEvent one.

Did I do something wrong?

I have to connect an other interrupts (ie RS232_Uart_1) and to modify my MHS file to change "RS232_Uart_1" by "IP2Bus_IntrEvent".

How to do in SDK to connect this CIP interrupt to a handler thanks to XIntc_Connect() function?

In fact there is no interrupt ID in the xparameter.h.

And finally, when Xilinx expects to introduce interrupts to CIP? in 13.4? If yes, what is the 13.4 release date?

0 Kudos
stephenm

Try use the AXI GPIO core as a reference as this supports interrupts.

0 Kudos
fdevic
Visitor
Visitor

I tried that but when I reimport my CIP,  XPS crashes...

Anyone to answer to my other questions?

0 Kudos
stephenm

I have seen in the past that the interrupt controller gui does not update sometimes. However, you can connect the signals

manually in the MHS file for the interrupt controller IP (PORT Intr), if you already have some interrupts added you can append using the & symbol. So for example:

PORT Intr = interrupt1 & interrupt2

0 Kudos
stephenm

In relation to the SDK question. You will have to create/modify your driver to include support for the interrupt. This driver can be then added into the SDK (http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35443.htm). Again, you can use the GPIO driver as a reference

0 Kudos