UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jimfred
Participant

Accumulation of and hw_platforms and breakpoints seen in SDK, Vivado 2014.x

In SDK projects in Vivado 2014.x, we see an accumulation of [1] hw_platforms and [2] breakpoints. They're really seperate issues but they seem to have one thing in common - they accumulate.

It seems like hw_platforms are automatically created when a hardware change is made (which makes sense) but sometimes when no hardware change is made e.g., when a project is copied from 1 team member's PC to another. Our work-around to elliminate duplicate hw_platforms is to delete all of them and re-open the SDK so that there's just one - hw_platform_0.

Breakpoints also seem to accumulate in the debugger. These appear as duplicates for the same memory location as if old break points are getting replicated and accumulate till I get download errors where the download stalls at, say, 53% and never finishes. The work-around is to simply delete the duplicate breakpoints in the breakpoint window.

Extra hw_platforms:

Capture.JPG

Duplicate breakpoints...

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Accumulation of and hw_platforms and breakpoints seen in SDK, Vivado 2014.x

Hi,

That is a strange behavior. Would that be possible to share the project for further analysis?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant jimfred
Participant

Hem-
Sure! How much of the project should I post? Just the 'project.sdk' directory? What would you recommend for privacy concerns?
-Jim
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi jim

if this is targeting a development board, then a xml file should be sufficient.

If this can not be shared i will retry the same procedure with a simple example design.

--hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Participant jimfred
Participant

Hem-

Here's an example xml file for an Artix project that has accumulated 2 hardware platforms and several copies of break points for line 760 in main.c. As a work-around, I'll manually delete the duplicate breakpoints and I'll delete both hw_platforms and then close&re-open the SDK to re-create hw_platform_0.

I'd guess that the xml file isn't enough and that you'll need more of the project, like the whole 'project.sdk' directory or the whole Vivado project. Just let me know.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos