UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor freyr25
Visitor

Adding multiple RocketIO IP?

I'm working with a Virtex II Pro Evaluation Board with access to 4 RocketIO transceivers. Using EDK and a RocketIO wizard, I created IP that successfully transmits a signal from a single transceiver. Now I want to transmit from all four transceivers. I have a few questions regarding this...

1) Is the recommended way to accomplish this to just add the IP to my project 4 times?

2) In the single transceiver case, I added external TXN, TXP ports in the MHS file. For instance,

PORT TXN = TXN, DIR = O

PORT TXP = TXP, DIR = O 

This worked fine.  Now that I want to use 4 RocketIOs, do I define TXN0, TXN1, ..., and TXP0, TXP1, ... etc. in the MHS file?

3) I created a digital clock manager (DCM) to provide the clock to the MGT as described in RocketIO user guide. Can I route this clock signal to all four RocketIOs, or do I need to create a separate DCM for each?

Thanks for any help/advice. 

Message Edited by freyr25 on 11-19-2008 06:44 PM
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Adding multiple RocketIO IP?

I have nearly the same problem...

Is it possible to implement a GTX_wrapper with only one transceiver as a component and then use it four times, so that four tranceivers can be used?

( I want to use it for 1000 BaseX but I think it should be a quite simmilar issue.)

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos