UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer fdpousa
Observer

Adding symbols to SDK 2017.4 with system debugger

Hi all,

I generated a .elf. It was generated wrapping another three executable files. I did it with my own scripts. Now I want to debug it using the system debugger, I'm able to run the software and debug it using the assembler functions but I cannot set a breakpoint over my source file code. Why? I added the executable files compiled with -g in Symbols tab at debugger configuration.

NOTE: Target is remotely connected to Windows, I am using a Linux machine where I compile and debug from.

Thanks in advance,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Adding symbols to SDK 2017.4 with system debugger

Hi,

Did you enable symbol server while creating the target connection to the remote Windows machine in SDK? hw_server running on remote machine will not have access to your local filesystem, so it can't read the symbols. Symbol server will act as a proxy and transmit all the symbol info to the remote server

0 Kudos