cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Address Map difference between Vivado and SDK (2018.3)

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I've got the problem that SDK 2018.3 says .text-part of my *.elf file doesn't fit into BRAM. I was able to program same code into "same" Vivado-Project some month ago. Using the hardware exported from Vivado to SDK some month ago its all fine. But when I generate the bitstream now and try to combine with my SDK-code i get the error. Probably this could have something to do with Vivado 2018.3 + Windows 10 Update incompatibility => Address Map in Blockdesign was empty, I used to generate new addresses automatically. After I recognized that the size of BRAM was smaller I increased it back to 128K.

After this I validated the blockdesign and saved it, then I generated the bitstream. I deleted everything in my *.sdk-folder. Then I used Vivado -> File -> Export Hardware. Then "Launch SDK". The BRAM address range differs from Vivado to SDK. Is this intended?

Thank you!

My Address Map in Vivado: BRAM from 0x0 to 0x1FFFFAddress Map (Vivado)Address Map (Vivado)

Address Map in SDK: BRAM fromt 0x0 to ONLY 0x1FFF??

Address Map (SDK)Address Map (SDK)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Address Map difference between Vivado and SDK (2018.3)

Jump to solution
I didn't set the address range under "Data" to 128K (was still 8K, see topmost screenshot). Changing this solved my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Update: I tested it today with Vivado 2016.4: There the address ranges for BRAM are the same in Vivado and SDK. So probably there is a problem with 2018.3??

Address Map (Vivado 2016.4)Address Map (Vivado 2016.4)

Address Map (SDK 2016.4)Address Map (SDK 2016.4)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
I didn't set the address range under "Data" to 128K (was still 8K, see topmost screenshot). Changing this solved my problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos