UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor felipe_usi
Visitor

An internal error occurred during: "Importing Hardware Specification"

Jump to solution

Hello,

I  am working with zynq 7000, and since 2 days ago I can not import the hardare to the SDK.

My design consist on only the processing system7, the tools was working perfectly before, i don't understand what could happend.

I have try in ubuntu 14.04 and windows 8.1, and it throws the same error,I try with the same project in both OS, and then I created new project in both OS and it didn't work

I am using vivado2015.1 and SDK 2015.1

I search in the forum and the and the topic appear some times but i can not see any solution.

They suggest:

I found on another forum that I should delete [project name].sdk folder, and try again, or try restarting my computer. I tried both of those things, but the error persists.
But it doesn't work for me.

They say:

Are you trying to manually Import a Hardware Spec from Vivado or you are using the Launch SDK option in Vivado? File > Launch SDK after doing Export Hardware?

I am using Launch SDK, and I tried to go diretly to SDK but then I nothig appears

The SDK throws the error in the dialogboc:

An internal error occurred during: "Importing Hardware Specification".

and in SDK log:

23:17:49 INFO    : Processing command line option -hwspec /home/andres/Documents/vivado/benchmarkHW/benchmarkHW.sdk/PS7_wrapper.hdf.
23:17:50 ERROR    : Error occurred while creating hardware platform PS7_wrapper_hw_platform_2 from sysdef
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Hardware Specification File provided: /home/andres/Documents/vivado/benchmarkHW/benchmarkHW.sdk/PS7_wrapper_hw_platform_2/system.hdf
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.internal.HwPlatform.<init>(HwPlatform.java:91)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.internal.HwSpecFactory.createHwSpec(HwSpecFactory.java:53)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.internal.HwProjectCreator.createHwProjectFromZip(HwProjectCreator.java:117)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.HwProjectUtil.internalCreate(HwProjectUtil.java:214)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.HwProjectUtil.makeNewHardwareProject(HwProjectUtil.java:165)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.HwProjectUtil.makeNewHardwareProject(HwProjectUtil.java:152)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.HwProjectUtil.makeNewHardwareProject(HwProjectUtil.java:127)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.startup.InitSDK.processHwSpecArgumentTask(InitSDK.java:415)
    at com.xilinx.sdk.startup.InitSDK.access$8(InitSDK.java:397)
23:17:50 INFO    : Launching XSDB server: xsdb -n -s /opt/Xilinx/SDK/2015.1/scripts/xsdb/xsdb/xsdb-server.tcl 2450
23:17:51 INFO    : XSDB server has started successfully.

Also I was wondering me if it can be a problem with the license, how can I check this is the case?

Thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor felipe_usi
Visitor

Re: An internal error occurred during: "Importing Hardware Specification"

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just come back to an old design and i built again the design from this one, and the error desappear.

I guess the problem is related to the conection of the axi performance debug module but i really don't know.

Bye

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

It looks that you are using a supported OS. would that be possible to attach the design for further debug?

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor felipe_usi
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just come back to an old design and i built again the design from this one, and the error desappear.

I guess the problem is related to the conection of the axi performance debug module but i really don't know.

Bye

0 Kudos
Newbie wrong4125

Jump to solution

I encounter the same question when I use vivado 2015.2. The reason I found is that there is space in the project directory. No space, no that problem!

0 Kudos
Newbie yagamimisa

Jump to solution

I've encounter the same problem as you, and solve it in your way. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos