UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ozdn_
Visitor

Artix 7 DDR3

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using Artix-7 board. I am struggling with DDR3 external memory. I could not find any reference design about how to use DDR3 memories especially in SDK platform. How can we initiliaze  DDR3 memory in vivado. Can you help me with this issue. I am really thankful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Artix 7 DDR3

Jump to solution

Hi @ozdn_ ,

are you using the microbalze in your design to read write the DDR3 memory? If your Microblaze is connected to DDR3 using a MIG controller then use can direclty access the DDR3 using simple read and write operations from SDK. Please refer below for vivado design : https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze/start

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @ozdn_ ,

are you using the microbalze in your design to read write the DDR3 memory? If your Microblaze is connected to DDR3 using a MIG controller then use can direclty access the DDR3 using simple read and write operations from SDK. Please refer below for vivado design : https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze/start

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Visitor ozdn_
Visitor

Jump to solution
Hello, yes I am using Microblaze also I saw that example and I did it but I am wondering what I have data set which is like a pattern map. But unfortunately, I could not upload the this map into the SDK platform so that I could not read and write this pattern using DDR3 RAM.
0 Kudos