Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Artix 7 DDR3

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using Artix-7 board. I am struggling with DDR3 external memory. I could not find any reference design about how to use DDR3 memories especially in SDK platform. How can we initiliaze  DDR3 memory in vivado. Can you help me with this issue. I am really thankful.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @ozdn_ ,

are you using the microbalze in your design to read write the DDR3 memory? If your Microblaze is connected to DDR3 using a MIG controller then use can direclty access the DDR3 using simple read and write operations from SDK. Please refer below for vivado design : https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze/start

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @ozdn_ ,

are you using the microbalze in your design to read write the DDR3 memory? If your Microblaze is connected to DDR3 using a MIG controller then use can direclty access the DDR3 using simple read and write operations from SDK. Please refer below for vivado design : https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze/start

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Hello, yes I am using Microblaze also I saw that example and I did it but I am wondering what I have data set which is like a pattern map. But unfortunately, I could not upload the this map into the SDK platform so that I could not read and write this pattern using DDR3 RAM.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The issue with the link provided in the solution is that it has nothing to do with integrating DDR3 memory (necessary to having the Artix S7 boot up to user-generated code). It has general information for integrating IP into the Vivado and SDK toolchain, but nothing specific to DDR3 memory. The Digilent website is as clear as mud on this, as I have not been able to find any sample code on how to do this.

0 Kudos