UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Automatition with SDK, add repository

Looking to automate some of the things I do often in SDK whenever I create a new project.  One example of this is I often add a repository for creating a device-tree. 

Can anyone help me add a repository using a command line input?  Or point me to some resources?

regards,

Chad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: Automatition with SDK, add repository

You can use the XSCT command "sdk set_user_repo_path" or "hsi set_repo_path"

For more details, you can check:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64200.html

and

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_4/ug1138-generating-basic-software-platforms.pdf
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Also, see the attached PDF (and the accompanying zip files)

Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.  I have been able to automate everything except the fsbl. 

Here is a list of commands I run before getting an error

sdk set_workspace ./
    sdk set_user_repo_path /export/repo_workaround/data-engine/software_firmware/data_engine_software/config/scripts/xilinx_repo_kernel_3.14
    sdk create_hw_project -name hw_platform_0 -hwspec $hdf
    sdk create_bsp_project -name device-tree_bsp_0 -hwproject hw_platform_0 -proc ps7_cortexa9_0 -os device-tree
  hsi::add_library xilffs
  hsi::add_library xilrsa
  sdk create_bsp_project -name fsbl_bsp -proc ps7_cortexa9_0 -hwproject hw_platform_0 -os standalone
  sdk create_app_project -name fsbl -app {Zynq FSBL} -proc ps7_cortexa9_0 -bsp fsbl_bsp -hwproject hw_platform_0 -os standalone

Specified template name 'Zynq FSBL' is not valid for configuration. Reason: This application requires xilffs and xilrsa libraries in the Board Support Package.. List of valid names are Empty Application, Zynq DRAM tests, Peripheral Tests, Hello World, Memory Tests, Dhrystone.
Failed to create Application project 'fsbl'.
Failed to create Application project fsbl.

Not sure how to generate zynq FSBL from the XSCT command prompt.

0 Kudos
Scholar stephenm
Scholar

Look at AR 64200 that was mentioned in an earlier post for this use case

0 Kudos