cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muravin
Scholar
Scholar

[BD 41-1287] Associated interface by name M_03_AXI not found for clock port...

Hello All,

This is a re-post in the correct (I hope), Embedded System Design section and I hope someone can help me with that.

In a post-XPS-to-VIVADO migration project, I am trying to create some sort of pseudo-OOC flow. Basically, I want to shorten the synth_design runtime (45-50 min) by delivering each of the IPs as an EDIF, and link them before place/route.

As a first step, I create a system_mb block design that encapsulates Microblaze, AXI periphericals etc, all these things that almost-never-change. Furthermore, all our proprietary modules are sitting on the AXI Lite, so I extended the AXI Interconnect's master AXI ports M_03_AXI to M_11_AXI external ports for that block design, and I think it would work ok, but I am getting the following critical warnings for all M_$$_AXI busses I made external. Now, assuming I followed AR#56609, all the steps till step 16 once I close the block design and reopen it, the warnings get different phrasing:

[BD 41-1287] Associated interface by name M_03_AXI not found for clock port /axi_lite_clk , where axi_lite_clk is an external port on that system_bd block design along with the M_$$_AXI interfaces.

i.e. I did set the ASSOCIATED_BUSIF on it to: M_03_AXI:M_04_AXI:M_05_AXI:M_06_AXI:M_07_AXI:M_08_AXI:M_09_AXI:M_10_AXI:M_11_AXI

What is missing here? Any properties that need to be set other than these? Does this block design need to be packaged as an IP?

Thanks a lot

Vlad

Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
2 Replies
muravin
Scholar
Scholar

Want to add that I am inspired mostly by forum posting like the following: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Hierarchical-Design/OOC-module-in-project-flow/m-p/382083
Vladislav Muravin
0 Kudos
tim_severance
Scholar
Scholar

Has anybody figured out how to fix this?   I am seeing this myself now in Vivado 2017.4 in a Kintex 7 project on Windows 10 after I removed interfaces from the block design (see image below).

Vivado_CritialWarning1.png

Tim

0 Kudos