UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ssbillore
Visitor

BOARD TO BOARD COMMUNICATION

Hi All,

I am reading one xilinx pdf related to scaler and OSD, name is pg009_v_scaler.pdf. Can Anyone explain me the highlighted line in the image with the heading of AXI_VDMA0 configuration. My question is about addresses, Is both AXI_VDMA0 and AXI_VDMA1 will use same five frame locations of external memory or different locations? And How AXI_VDMA0 communicate/tells to AXI_VDMA1 for RW collisions?

Please go through the below attached image.

Thanks & Regards

Sourabh

AXI_VDMA0  - AXI_VBMA1.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: BOARD TO BOARD COMMUNICATION

please refer this post
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Processor-System-Design/Basic-doubts-about-genlock-and-fsync-in-VDMA/td-p/677235
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @ssbillore,

Just a few things before answering to the question:

• The OSD and the scaler IP are deprecated (not supported anymore by Xilinx). You might want to use the video mixer and video processing subsystem instead.
  • Just to be clear, the text you are showing is not talking about board to board. The 2 VDMAs are in the same FPGA.

About you question:

You might want to look at the VDMA PG020 for information about how the VDMAs are synchronized. But basically you have input/output ports for the synchronisation.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Hi @ssbillore,

Any update on this? Is it solved? If yes, could you mark the issue as solved by marking a response as solution?

Thanks and Regards,

Florent

Florent
0 Kudos
Visitor ssbillore
Visitor

Hi @florentw,

Thanks for the reply, it's a bad news for me that xilinx is deprecate the scaler IP.

I went through the PDF which you mentioned but i am not understand it as well. Apologies for mismatch between question text and heading. Yes, you are correct both the VDMA are in the same FPGA. I just want to know that is both the VDMA will use same or different external locations?

Thanks and regards,

sourabh

0 Kudos

HI @ssbillore,

I am not really familiar with this design but my guess is that they are using the same memory but at different locations.

Kind Regards,

Florent

Florent
0 Kudos