UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor canalrun
Visitor

BSB and Digilent Atlys

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I have a Digilent Atlys Spartan 6 development board. They have you download the BSB, but they don't tell you how to install it.

How do I have this board recognized in the be BSB wizard. Their zip file includes the xbd and ucf files and the directory structure correspondis to the Xilinx's EDK/board structure.

I copied the files into this structure, but the board does not show up in the BSB wizard.

Any clues? Digilent support was no help.

Thanks,

Barry.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: BSB and Digilent Atlys

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

Answer record 35623 describes a method similar to what you will need to follow to get the boards recognized by Base System Builder:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35623.htm

11 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Barry,

Answer record 35623 describes a method similar to what you will need to follow to get the boards recognized by Base System Builder:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/35623.htm

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I copied the files into $EDK_Install/board/Xilinx/boards folder and was able to see the board in the BSB wizard as shown.

Please find the snapshot attached.

Thnx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BSB_Atlys.JPEG
Visitor ali.alsaqqa
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi

I have done exactly the same, but the board still do not appear.

I have the following directotry:

F:\Xilinx\13.1\ISE_DS\EDK\board\Xilinx\boards\Digilent_Atlys\data

Why I still can't see the board in the wizard ?

Regards,

Ali

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

If you choose the PLB system instead of AXI system it works

Andrea Albano
bdSound srl www.bdsound.com

Visitor ali.alsaqqa
Visitor

Jump to solution

That's true, Mr. Andrea.

But does this mean that I cannot use ATLYS with AXI interface standard ??

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi

You can download bsb (ipxact) for AXI based system for Atlys from University Program Pages: http://www.xilinx.com/university/workshops/embedded-system-design-flow/index.htm

Martin 

0 Kudos
Visitor ali.alsaqqa
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have downloaded the AXI support files for ISE 13.X, but no luck !!

I do not understand what is the problem !!!

Anyone can help me please ?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi.

Have you installed it into $ISE_INSTALL$\EDK\Board\Digilent\ipxact? It worked for me ...

Martin 

0 Kudos
Visitor ali.alsaqqa
Visitor

Jump to solution

FINALLY !! It worked, thank you very much !!

0 Kudos
Visitor tweekzilla
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Sorry I'm really struggling with putting the files in the right places - The Digilent instructions are terrible.  I have the BSB files for 13.3.

I first tells me to put the Digilent_AXI_IPCore_Support files into <EDK_Version>\ISE_DS\EDK\data\wizards which I've done.

Now the Atlys_AXI_BSB_Support has a lib directory in with both boards and pcores.  Do I put the boards into <EDK_Version>\ISE_DS\ board\Xilinx\ipxact?  What do I do with the pcores directory?

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor russelljoyce
Visitor

Jump to solution

The 'ipxact' folder in 'Digilent_AXI_IPCore_Support_v_1_33' must be copied to "<Xilinx_Install_Dir>\<EDK_Version>\ISE_DS\EDK\data\wizards\" like the 'readme.txt' file says (I've never had any luck using the batch file to install them).

In my case, this was "C:\Xilinx\14.3\ISE_DS\EDK\data\wizards\".

For the rest of the files, I have them in "C:\Digilent\Atlys_BSB_Support_v_3_6\", but you can put them anywhere that's accessible by EDK (with no spaces in the path).

Then, as it says in section II of 'Atlys_AXI_BSB_Support.pdf', during the first step of the Base System Builder wizard (after choosing AXI), set the 'Project Peripheral Repository Search Path' to be the 'lib' folder (e.g. "C:\Digilent\Atlys_BSB_Support_v_3_6\Atlys_AXI_BSB_Support\lib\"). This 

'Atlys_AXI_BSB_Support.pdf' (or the PLB one if you're using that) gives a reasonably good step-by-step guide on getting the Atlys working in EDK and BSB, even if it is a bit confusing at points.

0 Kudos