UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor isaacverdu
Visitor

BSP does not assign correct address range for custom AXI4-Lite peripheral in SDK 2015.4

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to add a custom AXI4-Lite peripheral to a processing system, but I'm having some issues with the generation of the xparameters.h file. The problem I'm having is that the BSP uses the wrong address range for the custom peripheral, even though the addresses in both the block design and the exported hardware definition file (system.hdf) are correct. It goes as follows:

1. Using Vivado 2015.4 on Windows 7, I create a new project with Xilinx's Zynq development board (7020) presets. I then go to: Tools -> Create and Package IP and add an AXI4-Lite peripheral
  2. I then create a block design, only adding a processing system and the custom IP. All connections are done automatically by Vivado
  3. Synthesis - Implementation - Bitstream
  4. I export the hardware definition file and launch SDK. I see this in the platform specification

HDF.jpg

So far, so good. The problem is, after I generate the BSP, in the xparameters.h, I get this:

xparameters.jpg

Where could this mismatch be coming from? I noticed that the IP's tcl file that gets called when generating the xparameters.h header has the 'wrong' addresses (0x00000000 and 0xFFFFFFFF), but shouldn't that be overwritten by Vivado when the address space is assigned in the block design? Am I missing something here? I'm pretty sure I reproduced this exact same workflow using version 2015.2 and 2014.x and it worked (I may install it once again just to be sure).

Thanks in advance for your help

Isaac Verdu

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: BSP does not assign correct address range for custom AXI4-Lite peripheral in SDK 2015.4

Jump to solution
This is a known issue in 2015.4 tool. The fix will be available in 2016.1 version.

Please refer to the following answer record:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66322.html
3 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: BSP does not assign correct address range for custom AXI4-Lite peripheral in SDK 2015.4

Jump to solution
This is a known issue in 2015.4 tool. The fix will be available in 2016.1 version.

Please refer to the following answer record:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66322.html
Visitor isaacverdu
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot.

Isaac.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me since I installed 2015.4 after 2015.1. It happens every time I create a piece of custom IP. A question: is it not normal practice to produce custom IP? I find it hard to stick the various blocks together without custom IP, but maybe that's because I'm new round these parts. It seems strange to me that anyone needing to do custom IP could go two releases with this problem, makes me think I'm doing things wrong.

0 Kudos