Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Bitstream not Exported with Hardware

Jump to solution

Hello, I'm using Vivado 19.2 and my mind must be going but I thought that when you run File>Export>Export Hardware and select Include Bitstream and the Export directory that a .bit file should be placed in that directory with the .xsa file. Some how that is not happening today.

What could be wrong?

Joe

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

Forgive my ignorance of 19.2, but is the xsa file simply the 19.2 version of what 19.1 calls an hdf file?  The hdf is a compressed (zipped) file that contains a folder with a number of files.  If you expert including a bitstream, it is in the unzipped folder.  Try unzipping the xsa file and see what happens.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The bitstream exists, I assume.

The hw was exported to the local sdk folder in the current project, I suppose.

If the above is checked, I would try again with a fresh, simple project, if the weirdness persists I would toss a coin to either reinstall Vivado or throw the computer out of the window.

bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar

Forgive my ignorance of 19.2, but is the xsa file simply the 19.2 version of what 19.1 calls an hdf file?  The hdf is a compressed (zipped) file that contains a folder with a number of files.  If you expert including a bitstream, it is in the unzipped folder.  Try unzipping the xsa file and see what happens.

View solution in original post

joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Thank you very much. I did not know it was compressed. Thanks again and have a great day!

0 Kudos