Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmarechal
Participant
Participant

Blank system.xml overview in SDK 13.1

Hello again forum !

I am encountering some difficulties trying to build a MicroBlaze with an AXI bus on a Spartan 6 board.

I first built a basic system with a MicroBlaze, the bus management stuff, a lite UART and the SPI Flash all together on a PLB bus. To do so, I created a new project in ISE, created a new XPS source from there. After configuring my processor in XPS, I went back in ISE, generated the Top HDL Source and then exported the hardware design to SDK. Once all the processes got over, SDK launched, I added my hardware plateform, added my BSP and I was then able to create and run a basic C program.

Then I wanted to switch to an AXI bus. I repeated exactly the same process, starting a new project in ISE. I just changed from PLB to AXI. Everything goes well in ISE. However, when I import my hardware plateform in SDK, I get a blank system.xml overview. I do not get the same report as I have with the PLB based system. And if I try to create a BSP, I cannot go very far as I can't select any CPU on my plateform (the line is blank). I have checked for the BMM and the BIT files, there are OK and present in the Eclipse project.

I really don't understand how to make SDK see and use that AXI bus system. What am I doing wrong ? Where is my mistake ?

Thank your for your support.

Cheers !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Sounds like some issue with your system.xml file. Try regenerating it for a simple design. If it doesn't work, then post the system.xml.

0 Kudos
bmarechal
Participant
Participant

I tried it again with just the UART lite (took off the debug module and the SPI Flash) : got the same result, a blank system overview and no CPU available when trying to create a BSP.

I attached the generated system.xml (changed the SOURCE attribute in SYSTEMINFO).

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Seems to work fine for me. Maybe there is something wrong with your installation. If you have a coworker who has an installation, try on his machine. If not, please file a webcase.

xmlview.png
0 Kudos
bmarechal
Participant
Participant

**bleep** !

Thank you for that answer. I'll try to reinstall the whole EDK suite...

0 Kudos
bmarechal
Participant
Participant

I did an uninstall / reinstall. Unfortunately, I still have a blank overview... As I am the only one around using the EDK pack, I'll fill a webcase as you advised me.

Thank you for the support.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for posting in more then 1 year old thread, but I have the same problem: blank overview of system.xml and correctless BSP project creation.

0 Kudos