Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Build error or SDK not finding tools

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have been struggling with a build error shown belowI have been thru the forums and answers and tried to make sure I have eliminated the obvious but I am still missing something and was hoping someone could spot it for me.

Running libs - 'make -s libs "COMPILER=mb-gcc" "ARCHIVER=mb-ar"

"COMPILER_FLAGS=-mlittle-endian -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift

-mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v8.00.b -O2 -c" "EXTRA_COMPILER_FLAGS=-g"'.

Compiling common

make[1]: *** [libs] Error 127

Compiling llfifo

Compiling standalone

make[1]: *** [standalone_libs] Error 127

make[1]: Target `libs' not remade because of errors.

Compiling axidma

Compiling gpio

Compiling axiethernet

Compiling cpu

ERROR:EDK:369 - make failed for target "libs"

ERROR:EDK:3418 - Error(s) while running make.

make: *** [microblaze_0/lib/libxil.a] Error 2

make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

I am trying to build a BSP from within the SDK using the SP605 Embedded Kit tutorial projects downloaded from Xilinx.  The project also fails to compile the "hello_world" default C project but I assume the errors are the same and for some reason the tools either can't be found or are missing.

I have tried (re)installing 12.4 several times but no change in results.  I am running the SDK from the proper shortcut so I believe the correct settings32.bat file is being executed and the proper environment variables exist but not sure how to validate.  The following is the path that is given when the XInfo System Checker is executed:

Path: C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\common\\lib\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\ISE\lib\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\common\\bin\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\ISE\bin\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\PlanAhead\bin;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\EDK\bin\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\EDK\lib\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\common\bin\nt;C:\Xilinx\12.4\ISE_DS\common\lib\nt;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows;C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin;C:\Program Files\msm2msi

Two of the above path lines have double slashes "\\" and was not sure if that created an issue or not.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It looks like a Cygwin issue. Can you launch a cygwin shell from within SDK? Try doing a make within that shell and see if you notice any errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It looks like a Cygwin issue. Can you launch a cygwin shell from within SDK? Try doing a make within that shell and see if you notice any errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

vsiva -

Thanks for the advice and you figured correctly.  It was an older version of the cygwin.dll that was in my system folder from another application that was creating the problem.  Once I deleted it and rebooted - everything worked properly.

I am new to the toolset and was not familar with building/compiling via command shell so in doing some further research on the forums I turned up other responses regarding multiple versions of cygwin running.  Which lead me to do a search on my computer.

As a follow up question could you point me to some tutorials/guides for building projects via the shell.  I think it would be nice to have that capability.

Thanks again,

Mike

0 Kudos