UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer hujiang
Observer

Can AXI DMA keep source address and destination address unchanged ?

I use the V7-Lx485t board . I want to move the data from the BRAM to my FIFO with the DMA.The FIFO has only one address,but  I dont know if  AXI DMA source address and destination address can remain unchanged?  

The source address should Increment,but destination address should remain unchanged,Can AXI DMA source address and destination address cannot remain unchanged ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mentor hgleamon1
Mentor

Re: Can AXI DMA keep source address and destination address unchanged ?

I assume you did not need to post this twice ...

Anyway, I'm guessing that your FIFO exists somewhere in custom IP or possibly another IP with an address range. The FIFO itself doesn't have an address but will map to an area of AXI address space. As long as the address space range is equal or greater than the depth of the FIFO, you should be able to allow the source and destination address to increment normally (under the DMA) whilst maintaining a "hit" (or chip select, if you will), for your FIFO.

Does this make sense? Perhaps you could post more about the location of the FIFO.

Regards,

Howard

----------
"That which we must learn to do, we learn by doing." - Aristotle
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Look in the guide PG034 for axi cdma. You want to enable "Key Hole Write" to prevent address from incrementing during writes.

Observer hujiang
Observer

Sorry,I find some error,so I post this twice . My FIFO is ISE though custom IP (user_logic),so my FIFO has only one address.I know what you meas.I still cannot find the answer
0 Kudos
Observer hujiang
Observer

I am sorry, I mean AXI CDMA ,not AXI DMA, I find your answer  in AXI DMA.Do you know how to do it with AXI CDMA?

thanks

hujiang

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

PG034 is Axi CDMA. I was looking at the July 25, 2012 version for AXI CDMA v3.03.a.

0 Kudos