cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Can't debug Petalinux SDK compiled CMake application using XSDK (2019.1)

I'm developing an application using Petalinux. This application (using CMake) is normally checked-out during petalinux build, and compiled onto the rootfs. This works very well. During development I'm building this application by sourcing the SDK exported from the Petalinux project, but then with debugging

However, now I want to debug the application using the XSDK. For this I've created a debug configuration on the XSDK which should upload my application to the target hardware and run it like stated here:

https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2019_1/SDK_Doc/SDK_tasks/sdk_t_linux_application_debugging_system_debugger.html

If I then try to run the application, uploading goes fine, but the application stalls at main. Nothing I do can coax it into actually running beyond the first instruction of main:

stall.png

I can press continue or step, but it will not move beyond the push instruction.

I see no errors in the TCF logs on the target machine.

Even if tell it not to break at main, it still stalls at this point. However, if I launch w/o debugging, it runs fine.

Also, if I create an application inside the XSDK, for example, a helloworld application, it works fine.

I'm at a loss what could be causing the trouble here. Any help would be most welcome!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer
Observer

I'm now using vscode with some scripts and using gdb for debugging. It it is not ideal, but it works. But if someone has a solution I am still open to suggestions.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @vvanbeveren 

Could be that you are using an ELF without debug symbols? or are you using the same ELF file in the vscode flow?

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos