UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Can't find xgpio.h, xtmrctr.h

Observer

Can't find xgpio.h, xtmrctr.h

I'm playing with my new XC702 by following UG873 (Zynq-7000 Concepts, Tools and Techniques) , under ISE 14.7 on Winows 7. When I get to the software in Chapter 3 the standalone application code in helloworld.c won't compile, because it can't find xgpio.h or xtmrctr.h. 

These files are in the project:

...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\system\ps7_cortexa9_0\include\xgpio.h

...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\system\ps7_cortexa9_0\libsrc\gpio_v3_01_a\src\xgpio.h

...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\system\ps7_cortexa9_0\include\xtmrctr.h

...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\system\ps7_cortexa9_0\libsrc\tmrctr_v2_05_a\src\xtmrctr.h

so I assume that I'm just missing some path variable somewhere. What did I do wrong?

How do I correct this?

I saw a post that suggested rebuilding the bsp, but that didn't help.

Thanks

Observer

Re: Can't find xgpio.h, xtmrctr.h

I tried copying xgpio.h, xtmrctr.h (and xgpio_l.h, xtmrctr_l.h) over to ...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\hello_world_bsp\ps7_cortexa9_0\include\

The compiler no longer complains about the missing files (but I would still like to know how to avoid doing this by hand in the future), but I'm now getting the error "'XPAR_AXI_GPIO_0_DEVICE_ID' undeclared (first use in this function)".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scholar

Have you included GPIO and Timer modules in your hardware project?

Can you attach the MSS file?
Observer

I think in included the GPIO and timer modules (although I'm new to EDK, so I may have screwed up). There are two system.mss files, one in ...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\hello_world_bsp\system.mss, and one in ...\project_1\project_1.sdk\SDK\SDK_Export\system\system.mss.

I have attached the one in the system directory. The one in the bsp directory lacks the gpio and tmrctr sections.

Thanks

Scholar

The MSS file does include both GPIO and Timer instances. Can you re-build the project.

Try project --> Clean to re-build the BSP.

If it does not work, can you attach the SDK workspace. I can take a look at it.
Observer

Tried rebuilding but it still won't compile.

Is it significant that only one of the mss files includes the GPIO and Timer (the file in the bsp folder doesn't)?

How do I attach the SDK workspace? Is there a specific file, or should I zip an entire folder?

Thanks

Scholar

Just zip the entire folder and attach it.
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same trouble (xgpio.h and xtmrctr.h missing) when using ISE14.7 and following Zedboard CTT tutorial. I also tried with ISE14.4, and there is no troubles with this version. I tried several times with both versions, always the same result. I also used my (working) 14.4 project with 14.7, and same error when building the project with Xilinx SDK.

It seems that not all required files are imported into '<project_folder>\SDK\SDK_Export\Hello_world_bsp\ps7_cortexa9_0\include' at the step "Staging source files" into Xilinx SDK.

Sylvain

Hi,

After googling with no help, i have found a solution.....

Am using Vivado 2014.2 and Xilinx SDK 2014.2 

1. after generating bitstream 

2. File -> Export -> Export Hardware

3. File -> Lunch SDK 

All the files should be exported 

Sms - TE 

Contributor

Rebuilding the proyect solves the problem!

Best,
L30nardo SV