cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mberemand
Participant
Participant

Can't resolve include from filesystem in XSDK 2017.2

Under the project's properties > Paths and Symbols > Includes I've added the absolute path to the directory containing my .h file (let's refer to it as example.h) and ensured it is available for every configuration. I can expand the Includes in the Project Explorer pane and see my .h file there. The compiler option -I/<path> also shows up in the C/C++ Build > Settings > Tool Settings tab. But despite all this I am getting

../src/main.cpp:8:18: fatal error: example.h: No such file or directory
#include "example.h"
^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/main.o] Error 1

I can't think of what else could be wrong.

EDIT: To be clear, the .h file I'm including is directly in the folder I specified; it isn't in some subdirectory of that path.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mberemand ,

Did you made any progress on this?

Just be aware that "project properties" can be configued at file/folder/project level. In overall if you configure at project level it should be applied to all the files but you might override at file level as well. Check the Makefiles generated in the compiled project and check if the -I is configured for main.cpp

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
mberemand
Participant
Participant

I ended up recreating the project and re-adding all of the includes and libraries to get this working. I'm fairly certain I only ever made adjustments to the includes at the project level.

0 Kudos