UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Cannot build PMU firmware with SDK 2019.1

Jump to solution

Hi all —

Having an issue with a clean install of 2019.1 and trying to build PMU Firmware for UltraScale+.

'Building file: ../warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.c'
'Invoking: MicroBlaze gcc compiler'
mb-gcc -Wall -O0 -g3 -c -fmessage-length=0 -MT"warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.o" -Os -flto -ffat-lto-objects -IC:/.../warhol_pmu/warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/include -mlittle-endian -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v9.2 -mxl-soft-mul -Wl,--no-relax -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -MP -MF"warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.d" -MT"warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.o" -o "warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.o" "../warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.c"
In file included from ../warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.c:30:
../warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_timer_hw.h:84:10: fatal error: xintc_l.h: No such file or directory
 #include "xintc_l.h"
          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/subdir.mk:48: warhol_pmu_bsp/psu_pmu_0/libsrc/standalone_v7_0/src/profile/_profile_clean.o] Error 1

23:55:22 Build Finished (took 1m:18s.956ms)

Have tried re-generating sources and have remade the project twice already. Possible SDK bug? I have nothing in my PL logic going on and just need to get a PMU FW image built so I can make a BOOT.BIN and move ahead.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot build PMU firmware with SDK 2019.1

Jump to solution

Hi @movax,

Thanks for the files.

According to your project file, I can see that you are trying to create the PMU project outside of the SDK working space. There is an SDK known bug related to this, thus the compilation issue you get. Please refer to this thread for more details and for the workaround.
This bug will be fixed in the coming releases.

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @movax,

Could you please elaborate? Which steps have you made exactly to create your PMU project?
Which hardware platform are you using? If you are using a custom HDF file, could you share it with us?

Best regards,
Abdallah
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi Abdallah —

Thanks for the fast reply. Details on my setup:

1. Utilizing the Ultra96[b]V1[/b] (I have V2s on the way) as my hardware platform.
  2. Vivado 2019.1 on Windows as my Xilinx build system
  3. Also have Vivado 2019.1 on a CentOS 7 machine where I am also using that to build my U-Boot and ATF ELFs (that is another problem I'm having which I can start another thread on)

I started with the Ultra96 board definition files and created a very simple project in Vivado to instantiate the PS. I then did the usual 'Export to SDK' (including bitstream) but critically I did not have it Launch SDK or anything like that. Next, in SDK, as I've done in the past on the Zynq-7000, I created a new hardware platform specification (HPS) from the HDF generated from Vivado, a new BSP from the A53s, a new FSBL project, a new BSP for the PMU and a new application project for the PMU. I basically followed the steps here on the Xilinx wiki with the exception of selecting my own HPS that I made.

I'm away from the machine with the HDF file right now, but I can share it with you, yes; would PM work for that?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Sent a PM to coordinate transferring the HDF to you Abdallah.

I noticed the Ultra96 sample projects were built with 2018.4 or earlier; are there any regressions in this area I should be aware of?

Jump to solution

Hi @movax,

Thanks for the files.

According to your project file, I can see that you are trying to create the PMU project outside of the SDK working space. There is an SDK known bug related to this, thus the compilation issue you get. Please refer to this thread for more details and for the workaround.
This bug will be fixed in the coming releases.

Best regards,
Abdallah
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Thanks! I will give that a try tonight and then mark this accepted when confirmed! Your assistance / speed on this is much appreciated!

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Yep, that was the issue — thanks again!

0 Kudos