UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer snowman777
Observer

Cannot run program "a9-linaro-pre-build-step": Launching failed

Good morning everyone, 

I have been struggling to get my application running on my Zynq702 board. it seems just at the end of build i get this message . any help would be appreciated . thanks a lot 

Cannot run program "a9-linaro-pre-build-step": Launching failed

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: Cannot run program "a9-linaro-pre-build-step": Launching failed

Hi @snowman777,

If you provide more details about your use case that might help the coummunity to figure out the root cause of your issue. I mean, the error message is quite clear but there is no to many info in your issue description to analize.

So basic points:
1. Tool Release
2. Is this a custom application or just a template?
3. Did you try to create a new application based on template and build it? Does it suceed?

Any other info like test you already did might help to save time as well.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

I am using vivado  tools , 17.2, running SDK application standalone c++

this is a custom application that imported, but the environment works since i ran the Hello works application and also LED test

The application itself works, its jsut a matter of getting to work on the zynq702 board. thanks a lot 

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Hi @snowman777,

Ok it seems that this thread is just a duplicated post of a previous one:
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Import-a-C-program-SDK/td-p/850338

As suggested in that thread your issue seems to be related to the import process of your application. The settings of your projects cannot be the same used to the ones used to build for X86 machine!

You need to review your project settings and configure it acconding to the toolchain used for ARM.

Regards

Ibai
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Am i not allowed to use Min GW and CDT tool chain to compile on the board ? I am looking for a clear path how to get this working on the board. thanks a lot 

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Hi @snowman777,

If not wrong MinGW is a toolchain for Windows! I mean to build application that will be running on a Windows Machine (so X86 architecture as well).
http://www.mingw.org/

You need to compile with a Cross-Compiler if you want to make it run on a Zynq device.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

do you have a recommendation for which settings i should use then? maybe i am missing something, but it is a c++ application that needs the MinGW libraries  

thanks a lot 

0 Kudos

Hi snowman777,

There is no way to use MinGW libraries for your application, you will need to check which libraries could you use instead.

Regards
Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Ok so it is the fact of using MinGW with CDT compiler is the issue ? 

So what would the recommendation be then ?  Add the missing libraries manually to the application and then compile ?  Are there specific libraries that cannot be used on the board ?  thanks a lot 

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @snowman777,

That's it, you are trying to use a toolchain to target X86 architectures with Windows OS for a target based on ARM processor.

You just need to use the right toolchain within the SDK (Linux or standalone) and check if there is any library dependency. If so you

Ibai
0 Kudos
Observer snowman777
Observer

Thanks a lot Ibaie , 

I was away last week for work, I will attempt this week to get it running on the board, it is a standalone application im running that needs the min GW library . which is why i changed the toolchain . Maybe i need to create the project as linux and not standalone ? 

Thanks a lot 

Jeremy

0 Kudos

Hi @snowman777,

The toolchain will depend on where you are intending to run the application. I mean, are you planning to haver Linux running on the target (in the Zynq Device).

Still I think that you did not understood properly the issue. You cannot have an application running on Zynq device (ARM) with MinGW libraries, you will need to find a different library that performs the function you need in your application.

Regards,
Ibai

Ibai
0 Kudos