UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Change referenced hardware platform of a BSP

Jump to solution

Hi,

Our software is required to support n hardware platforms.

How can I change the hardware platform of a BSP?

Is it possible to have more than one hardware platform?

if I have more than one hardware platform, do I have to create a BSP for every platform?

And if it's possible, can I reference more than one hardware platform in our application project.

We're using XSDK 2018.3.

thanks and cheers!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change referenced hardware platform of a BSP

Jump to solution

Hi @fbruder,

> How can I change the hardware platform of a BSP?
It's not possible to change the Hardware Platform of a BSP. Indeed, you could change the HDF file of a Hardware Platform Project:

HDF.png

> Is it possible to have more than one hardware platform?
Yes, you could have as many Hardware Platform Project as you want in your SDK working space.

> if I have more than one hardware platform, do I have to create a BSP for every platform?
Exactly.

> And if it's possible, can I reference more than one hardware platform in our application project.
No.

> Our software is required to support n hardware platforms.
So the conclusion is you have to create a different Application Project for each Hardware Platform Project you have.

I think the reason behind all of your above questions, is to not multiply your source code in different places. If so, then you could put all of your source files in a separate location, and just link to that folder in your Application Project.

To do so, create a new folder either by a right click on your Application Project folder> New> Folder or from the main menu> New> Folder:
1.png
Then:

2.png

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @fbruder,

> How can I change the hardware platform of a BSP?
It's not possible to change the Hardware Platform of a BSP. Indeed, you could change the HDF file of a Hardware Platform Project:

HDF.png

> Is it possible to have more than one hardware platform?
Yes, you could have as many Hardware Platform Project as you want in your SDK working space.

> if I have more than one hardware platform, do I have to create a BSP for every platform?
Exactly.

> And if it's possible, can I reference more than one hardware platform in our application project.
No.

> Our software is required to support n hardware platforms.
So the conclusion is you have to create a different Application Project for each Hardware Platform Project you have.

I think the reason behind all of your above questions, is to not multiply your source code in different places. If so, then you could put all of your source files in a separate location, and just link to that folder in your Application Project.

To do so, create a new folder either by a right click on your Application Project folder> New> Folder or from the main menu> New> Folder:
1.png
Then:

2.png

Best regards,
Abdallah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as a solution
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

Not quite what I hoped for but ok.

My intension was to not have that manny projects in my workspace.

I think it gets really confusing because we have 3 application projects in our workspace.

If the BSP sources would be in C++, the hardware platforms could be namespaced and exist in one BSP.

Thanks and cheers!

0 Kudos