UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor yywilson
Visitor

Change speed of programming flash

When using Xilinx tools-> program flash, the speed of erasing and programming is very slow. I found a command "f probe 0 0 0" from console. It should be something the same as U-boot which use default speed.

Now I want to change it to "f probe 0 200000000 0" to speed up the programming process. Which configuration should I modify?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Change speed of programming flash

Hi @yywilson

I'm not sure which release of the tools or silicon are you using but there is a known issue with 2017.3 and MPSoC for the flash programming performance, AR#69928. If that's your case you can use the workaround provided in the AR.

sf probe is a U-Boot command to prove serial flash devices, and the second parameter selects the speed as you pointed. Nevertheless that only applies on runtime so you can use that approach to program the flash device from U-Boot, but would not work with program_flash.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos