UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Checksum Offloading on Zynq, Vivado, SDK 2014.1

According to UG585 Technical Reference the Gigabi Ethernetcontroller can be programmed to perform IP, TCP and UDP checksum offloading in both receive and transmit directions.

When activating

PARAMETER TCP_IP_RX_CHECKSUM_OFFLOAD = true
 PARAMETER TCP_IP_TX_CHECKSUM_OFFLOAD = true

in lwip settings the sw (xapp1026 for example) crashes.

How can I activate these options in Vivado/SDK 2014.1 ??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Checksum Offloading on Zynq, Vivado, SDK 2014.1

Hi,

Updating the MSS should be sufficient. I have looked at the MLD of LWIP provided in 2014.1 and it looks that these parameters

are indeed there. Refer to the snapshot attached.

Would that be possible to create a new BSP with LWIP being used rather than updating the one provided by XAPP1026?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I created a new BSP. I use the sw of xapp1026 v3.2 only (and a copy of the settings for lwip for Zynq)

Your screeshot shows a remark "Applicable only for AXI-Ethernet".

Does this mean a TEMAC in the PL?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes that is correct understanding. Refer to the snapshot given here.

It looks GigE this parameter is always present, so it is not needed to be applied again.

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos