UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Chipscope & XMD together on the same JTAG

Jump to solution

Hi,

I read that it's possible to use gdb and chipscope together on one JTAG.

I am working with EDK9.2i under Fedora 9 with  jtag libusb-driver.

Whenever I am trying to use JTAG from two applicatons (impact, xmd, debugger, chipscope) i got following error:

"usb_claim_interface: 0 -> -16 (could not claim interface.0: Device or resource busy)".

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Greetings, Mariusz. 

--
Mariusz Grad.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Chipscope & XMD together on the same JTAG

Jump to solution

Yup, switch to Windows (or maybe use the ugly windriver for linux).

Under linux, only one application can open the USB device at a time. This means that you can only use XMD or Chipscope.

I made a modification to the driver a year or so ago to allow it time-share the parallel port JTAG cable. The only problem there is that the parallel port driver does not support ECP and therefore is EXTREMELY slow.

I need to roll my changes into the latest version that Michael put together so that feature is available to all users. From the repository it looks like he's starting work on support for sharing USB cables.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Chipscope & XMD together on the same JTAG

Jump to solution

Yup, switch to Windows (or maybe use the ugly windriver for linux).

Under linux, only one application can open the USB device at a time. This means that you can only use XMD or Chipscope.

I made a modification to the driver a year or so ago to allow it time-share the parallel port JTAG cable. The only problem there is that the parallel port driver does not support ECP and therefore is EXTREMELY slow.

I need to roll my changes into the latest version that Michael put together so that feature is available to all users. From the repository it looks like he's starting work on support for sharing USB cables.