UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Code and Data options in "Generate Linker Script" ?

Hello,

I am using EDK to control a crypto-block. The peripheral parts has a DDR2_SDRAM because I need to input a large amount of plaintexts as the inputs and meanwhile stores the encrypted ciphertexts in memory. So I used DDR2 as the memory location.

I am using XIo_Out8(XPAR_AES_IO_0_BASEADDR+0x1, Din++) to wirte the plaintext to slv_reg0 and crypto-block will generate the ciphertext to slv-reg1. So I use DataOut = XIo_In32(XPAR_AES_IO_0_BASEADDR+0x4) to read the ciphertexts out.

and it works OK.

One point I am not sure is that in "generate linker script", one of the option is "Place data sections in". If I choose "DDR2" but not "ilmb_cntlr_dlmb_cntlr", Does it mean that the ciphertexts can therefore be store in external memory DDR2?  If it is, why when I was using "DataOut = XIo_In32(XPAR_DDR2_SDRAM_MPMC_BASEADDR)", I can only read data FFFFFFFF from DDR2 ? but not the right ciphertexts?

Pls offer me some hints, Thanks!!

Eric,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Code and Data options in "Generate Linker Script" ?

If u choose .data section in DDR2 it means that only data section of ur code will be on ddr2 ie if declare any int array soome thing like this

Inr data[10]={1,2,3,...} this array will be on DDR2

if u need to tarnfer whole ur cipher text then just declare a pointer

int *cipher[]=DDR2_SDRAM_ADDR

now ur cipher text will be on ddr2

regards

JOY