cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Compile PPC program into Binary for Simulation

I have set up a simulation of my system using ModelSim. Now I need to get the source code from my C program into the simulated memory so that the simulated processor can fetch the instructions.  How can I compile my C program into PPC binary? Also can I preload the simulated memory with the binaries or do I need to load the memories with the test bench file?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Maybe you should use XPS SDK eclipse internal debugger to see your program memory or registers?

..because I think, you couldn't use ModelSim. In default or compiled ModelSim library there is no module called 'PPC-core.vhdl' - its IBM property. You can try to find something about Microblaze simulation - or the easiest way - check how Picoblaze works..   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I have SmartModel/SWIFT Interface installed which lets me simulate the PowerPC. I was able to Objdump my elf file into a file which lets me see the binaries but unfortunetly has a bunch of other comments on there. I was wondering if the compiler would just compile it into straight binary/assembly so that I could load it into my simulated memories.

0 Kudos