UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor awhill
Visitor

Compiling static libraries in EDK 10.1

I've got a static library that I'd like to compile from source as part of my project compilation.  I was hoping it would be possible to run the custom makefile in the compilation sequence to create mylib.a, much like it does for libdriver.a and libxilkernel.a.  However, I wasn't able to find any options in libgen that would allow me to add this.  I already have a makefile and all the source, I just need to 'make' it.

I'm using Webpack and EDK 10.1.03 and a microblaze processor.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: Compiling static libraries in EDK 10.1

awhill wrote:

I've got a static library that I'd like to compile from source as part of my project compilation.  I was hoping it would be possible to run the custom makefile in the compilation sequence to create mylib.a, much like it does for libdriver.a and libxilkernel.a.  However, I wasn't able to find any options in libgen that would allow me to add this.  I already have a makefile and all the source, I just need to 'make' it.

I'm using Webpack and EDK 10.1.03 and a microblaze processor.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

I was looking into doing this today, but decided against it for unrelated reasons.

My guess is that you could open the EDK shell (you get a Cygwin shell) and use mb-gcc to compile the sources and then the standard Unix ar command to create the library. You should then put the library in some accessible location. In the EDK application Compiler Options dialog (right-click the Project: Name and choose "Set Compiler Options), the third tab is "Paths And Options" where you can entire a Library search path and libraries against which to link.

As I said, I haven't actually tried this; the stuff I wanted to included in my library had too many things specific to my current project that I needed to unroll first. Maybe next time!

-a

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi sorry instead  of repliying i m asking  doughts. i m new to EDK. how to use an  VHDL toplevel module(it contains many component modules) and how to add user libraries required by VHDL module when we creating custom ip.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Andrew,

You can define a user library just like you can have a driver for a custom peripheral.

You need to follow the EDK directory structure and provide the supporting files. In general, you need to put your library into sw_services directory and provide a MLD file.

More details can be found in psf_rm.pdf.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Felix

0 Kudos