UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor akur061
Visitor

Connecting custom IPs with other IPs.

Hi,

I am using EDK14.1 and I'm having trouble connecting my IPs together in a project. I'm new to using EDK, as all prior development has been done using webpack ISE. I know how to connect IPs together in webpack, and I assume doing the same in EDK would be simpler?

Currently I tried creating a new bus interface in the mpd file to group the signals i wanted to connect between IPs. However, when I switch to the system_assembly view it doesn't allow me to create a new connection.

Am I currently on the right track?

Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Connecting custom IPs with other IPs.

Hi,

well, I would say that the classical approach of connecting IPs with each other in an individual way is sort of misplaced when talking about EDK. Even if it is not for a processor core, it is pretty common to use some sort of bus or interface system, such as AXI for example.

I am currently getting familiar with AXI interconnecting myself, and I could actually also use a simple Master/Slave communication example (impossible to find one so far). I will create a topic regarding this issue, and should I succeed in getting an answer I will come back on you.

In the meantime you could get started with AXI yourself. :-)

0 Kudos