Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Copy Xilinx SDK > TCF Debug Virtual Terminal

Jump to solution

I am using Xilinx SDK 2018.2 and I cannot copy text from the Console > TCF Debug Virtual Terminal - Cortex-R5 #0.  It seems it should be possible to copy text from this window.  It is possible to copy from other Console windows such as CDT Global Build Console and CDT Built Console [rpu].  Is there some setting I need to enable copy from TCF Debug Virtual Terminal windows or is this an unintentional bug?  Could copy from TCF Debug Virtual Terminal windows be enabled?

Best Regards,

Joseph

P.S.  In case it is relevant, the hardware target I am using is an Ultra96.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

For anyone that might see this post, use ctrl+shift+c to copy. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jchang_endiag

I think that you should be able to copy from the Virtual Terminal as shown in the following image.

Capture.PNG

If not wrong you need to double click first or so before being able to copy text. Besides you don't have the cursor neither so it's bit weird.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @ibaie,

Thanks for taking a look.  I am able to select the text as you show in your screenshot, but I am unable to copy with either of the two following methods:

1. right-clicking to bring up the context menu (nothing shows up)
  2. using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C and then trying to paste into another location.  When I try this I get the last thing in my clipboard before trying to copy from the Virtual Terminal.

I also tried double-clicking first, but that did not seem to change any of the behavior I observed above.

Also note that the CDT Build Console window behaves differently.  The text cursor shows up, Ctrl+C works, and right-clicking brings up the context menu with a Copy option as shown below:

CDT Build Console.png

I would expect the TCF Debug Virtual Terminal to behave like the CDT Build Console if it was able to copy as well, but since it behaves differently, I think it is either not possible or must be enabled/used in a way that I am not familiar.

Best Regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@ibaie, I have the same issue that @jchang_endiag mentioned above... any solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

have the same problem. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

FOUND A SOLUTION

Once you select text (using mouse) just go to Edit (Toolbar, top left, next to File) and click Copy.

Voilà !

Highlighted

Same issue.  Very annoying.  When you select the text and go to the Edit menu, the Copy item is greyed out so you can't select it.  Why would the copy be disabled?  It makes it difficult to share results with colleagues. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I found the solution.  You must not be connected to the board when trying to copy.  When I disconnected the USB cable to the board, the Copy ungreyed and let me choose it.  Still very annoying, but at least there is a work around.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jchang_endiag 

Did the mentioned solutions work for you?

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

The solution by  l.raimondi works with the caveat that you are not connected to the board over JTAG.  If you are connected to the board, the Copy menu item will be greyed out, which means you can't select it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

@programmertje, Edit > Copy works for me while connected to the board via JTAG.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

For anyone that might see this post, use ctrl+shift+c to copy. 

View solution in original post