UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Custom IP driver not present on BSP

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm having problems trying to use Custom IP drivers on SDK. 

Originally, I have a project with a lot of blocks. When generating HDF file and then the BSP everything was OK: I had all drivers, Xilinx blocks and Custom IPs drivers. So far, so good.

Then, I have to create a very similar project, so I used the autogenerated TCL script to recreate the block design. I replaced some blocks (Custom IPs) and when I try to generate the BSP some custom IP drivers were set to GENERIC. But the strange thing is that the Custom IP that I added (not the ones created by the script TCL) have their drivers. 

From the HDF file I can check that all blocks are present

Capture.JPG

But on the mss file the drivers are missing:

Capture1.JPG

As information, the datademodv2..... block is the IP that I added last => the driver is present. All the others Generics are the Custom IP blocks created by the TCL script.

I found a workaround adding in SDK repositories the path to each driver but I would like to know why the drivers handoff it is not done properly.

Thanks for you help

Regards! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Custom IP driver not present on BSP

Jump to solution

Check your .vdi file under your impl_1 directory.  After the block where it sources all the .tcl files, do you have a message like this:

zip_exception: Failed to open zip archive C:/Sandbox/bar/test_vivado_2018.2/foo/foo.runs/impl_1/foo.hwdef. This may indicate that the file is corrupt, that there is insufficient free disk space available to uncompress it, or that you do not have permission to create files

and

zip_exception: zip archive C:/Sandbox/bar/test_vivado_2018.2/foo/foo.runs/impl_1/foo.hwdef is already open for writing

a bunch of times?  And are you on a Windows platform?

If so, I'm seeing the same thing.  I had opened a webcase, unfortunately I could not share my entire design with the support people and could not successfully recreate it with a testcase.

If it helps, it does not occur on Linux, only windows.  I have also ruled out interactions with virus scanners and other endpoint security software.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Please!!! Anybody can help me? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Check your .vdi file under your impl_1 directory.  After the block where it sources all the .tcl files, do you have a message like this:

zip_exception: Failed to open zip archive C:/Sandbox/bar/test_vivado_2018.2/foo/foo.runs/impl_1/foo.hwdef. This may indicate that the file is corrupt, that there is insufficient free disk space available to uncompress it, or that you do not have permission to create files

and

zip_exception: zip archive C:/Sandbox/bar/test_vivado_2018.2/foo/foo.runs/impl_1/foo.hwdef is already open for writing

a bunch of times?  And are you on a Windows platform?

If so, I'm seeing the same thing.  I had opened a webcase, unfortunately I could not share my entire design with the support people and could not successfully recreate it with a testcase.

If it helps, it does not occur on Linux, only windows.  I have also ruled out interactions with virus scanners and other endpoint security software.

View solution in original post

Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @kenryan2

Thanks for your answer. In fact I have the errors that you mention! I'm using Windows 7.

I will continue to use the workaround (point manually using repositories). Let me know if you have any update with the Webcase. 

Best regards

0 Kudos